Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Tribute for Aaliyah

Aaliyah Dana Haughton is truly irreplaceable, (I can't believe it has been 9 years) her music is still my favorite to this day. I remember being in elementary school and blasting her music to the point where my dad even knew some of the lyrics to "Are You That Somebody?". The thing that I liked and respected the most about her was the fact that she was REAL and by that I mean one could tell that she was genuinely a sweet person. Her music has paved way for many female artists, but they all fail to compare to Baby Girl. I remember me and my classmates (in 4th grade) talking about her after her death. Of course we were only kids, but I recall us being sad, it was as if we had lost a friend. As time goes by I am glad that we still have her timeless music to listen to in times of joy and hardship. She was indeed More Than a Woman... Rest in Peace Aaliyah ♥

Drake's letter to Aaliyah
http://www.youraudiofix.com/2010/08/25/drakes-letter-to-aaliyah/

Now you can turn it up and let Baby Girl serenate you :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment